Charles L. Falgiatano, Esq.Partner & Attorney
Described by clients as “the best of the best” and “aggressive in pursuing a case” while always being “in constant contact to explain everything” happening with the case, Charles Falgiatano as earned a reputation as one of the top attorneys for representing clients in medical malpractice and personal injury cases in upstate New York.
Based on that reputation and his work on behalf of his clients and to the law profession, Charles Falgiatano was inducted into the The American College of Trial Lawyers - which is recognized as the preeminent organization of trial lawyers in North America, dedicated to maintaining and improving the standards of trial practice, professionalism, ethics and the administration of justice.
Charles Falgiatano specializes in medical malpractice, birth injury cases, delay in diagnosing cancer cases, hospital negligence cases, wrongful death cases, personal injury cases, catastrophic injury cases and represents only individuals injured by the negligence of others.Professional Associations and Memberships
- $8,200,000 Birth Injury case - Failure to timely perform a c-section resulting in hypoxia and the development of cerebral palsy
- $5,000,000 Birth Injury case - Failure to recognize fetal distress on fetal heart monitor resulting in cognitive delays and speech aphasia.
- $4,000,000 Personal Injury case - Confidential settlement
- $4,000,000 Birth Injury case - Significant injury to a child during the labor and delivery process. The child was accepted into the New York State Medical Indemnity Fund.
- $3,250,000 Paralysis/Spinal Cord Injury case - Negligent supervision led to spinal cord injury and lower extremity paralysis
- $3,000,000 Birth Injury Case - Negligence by an OB/GYN physician during the labor and delivery process resulting insignificant injury and need for extensive medical care to newborn
- $2,500,000 Failure to Diagnose case - Failure to diagnosis and treat Vitamin deficiency (Wernicke’s Encephalopathy) resulting in cognitive impairment, speech impairment and motor skill limitations.
- $2,100,000 Surgical Negligence case - Negligence during awake craniotomy resulting in grand mal seizure and hemorrhage causing speech and global asphasia and ride sided paralysis
- $2,000,000 Birth Injury case - Negligent delivery that caused significant injury at the time of delivery. The child was accepted in to the New York State Medical Indemnity Fund to help provide for the child’s medical benefits
- $1,400,000 Failure to Diagnose case - Failure to timely diagnose and treat endocervical cancer
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York, 2001
- Graduated magna cum laude – Top 10% of his class
- Member of Syracuse Law Review
- Member of Syracuse College of Law Moot Court Honor Society
B.A., Nazareth College of Rochester, Rochester, New York, 1994
- Major: Political Science
- Concentration: Pre Law
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2005
New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, member of the Board of Directors
New York State Trial Lawyers
Onondaga County Bar Association
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best.
- Bishop Grimes Board of Directors
- Elmcrest Children Center Board of Directors
- Bishop Grimes Junior Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
- Colleen Falgiatano, wife
- Anthony Falgiatano, son
- Sarah Falgiatano, daughter
- Vincent Falgiatano, son